Monday, January 31, 2011

Keep Walking

Deliverance is a *snapping fingers* moment. But if I never walk away from that which I have been delivered from, I am never truly free.

When the Israelites were freed from the oppressive bondage of slavery, Pharaoh's words extended freedom to them in an instant. They went from a people of captivity to those who could rejoice in unrestricted liberty. BUT, if they would have chosen to remain in Egypt, working for Pharaoh, even if they were technically free, they would have remained a people of slavery. It was in the action of walking away from bondage that they became the freed people the Father intended them to be.

As of now, I am delivered. Yes, I am set free from the bondage of slavery to unforgiveness and anger. But, every day, every moment, is a conscience choice to move away from the area of that which had enslaved me. I choose to put away thoughts of malice and contempt and walk in the freedom of the Lord. The further I walk, the deeper I enter into the liberty of Abba.

No comments:

Post a Comment