Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Higher Love

I had a wonderful Valentine's day for the first time in my life. But, it wasn't because I received the cliché stuffed bear and chocolates (which I didn't.) It was because I encountered a new understanding of the steadfast love of the Father. When I woke up, I wanted to be bitter. I wanted to have a pity party and raise the awareness flag of my single status. But the Lord invaded my thoughts with this word.

"Do you want to think about love today? Then revel in the unfailing love of your Heavenly Father."

I couldn't really argue with the Guy. He had a valid point. I am so incredibly loved by Him. Not in the cheesy, "Jesus is my Valentine" kind of way. But in an "I'm willing to die if it means I get to have you" kind of way.

When we fix our eyes on the eternal Love of Abba, the fleeting, shallow love that flesh has to offer loses its appeal. Why spend my time dwelling on that which can not satisfy when we have been offered complete fulfillment in His desire for us? We spend so much emotional energy fighting to find a release from loneliness that He has already eternal cured.

While all else will ever fade away, His steadfast love for me remains.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and oh so true. He is the only one who truly satisfies the soul's need for love. Very well put lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your blog.
    AND i love your blog name... for reals. :)

    thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete